- The current lighting reminds me of a school canteen. They gotta go, replaced with spotlights...
- I'm gonna build a room within the log cabin. There's enough space for this so should be all good. For the walls, it's gonna be a sheet of MDF, a layer of rockwool, then another sheet of MDF put together with genie clips.
- One of the fundamental principles of this build will be to not have any parallel walls. Should help with the acoustics once the soundproofing is complete.
- Any gaps (joins between wood etc) in the structure will be filled with some green glue.
- Joins in MDF sheets will not be the same in each layer. This will reduce leakage. Slightly...
- There is already an alarm system installed. The sensors can be re-homed inside the new room.
- It also has air con, which will also have to be moved. This should help with the air circulation.
Here are some links :
Excellent forum on studio building
Genie Clips (with a good example of the wall I'm trying to create)
Long article from Sound On Sound
And here are some pictures :
I'll keep updating this blog as the build progresses... :)